Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our Poor 'Lil Cooter

Last night was a rough night at the Hughes Residence. Monday’s are rough enough, but this particular Monday took the cake! Work is slowing down for Matthew since the weather is turning cooler and less people are buying car wash, so he had the opportunity to take some time and go to dinner with his bosses and a gentleman from the company that he is contracted through. However, my work is starting to rev up since the economy is starting to turn around. Saying this, I have been more and more exhausted lately making it a “puurrfect” night to be home alone with my two wonderful children, A.K.A Luke and Cooter my two precious kitties.



I had my night all planned out! Clean the kitchen…check. Do laundry…check. Vacuum the floors…check. Snuggle up on the couch and watch my planned TV shows (which I might add that I started watching this week’s CSI  trilogy) with my wonderful kitties. All went well and sure enough once I was ready to watch some TV Luke was right there ready to snuggle. Where’s Cooter you ask? He was locked upstairs after my cleaning spree.

Once Matthew called to let me know he was on his way home I found Cooter and let him and Luke outside to go potty and get their last energies out before bedtime. It was WAY past the Hughes’ bedtime so I didn’t figure this would be a problem, but as I have learned many of times since joining this family, never EVER assume anything!

Luke was ready for our bedtime ritual once Matthew came home, but once again Cooter was nowhere to be found. I called for him; I was shaking his treats, and looking all over for him outside. This is not a good sign for a cat that is usually on our front porch chasing bugs. Matthew finished his shower and came outside to help me look. After quite a bit of searching we heard a tumble and then a splash. Nothing appeared for quite some time, but when it did it wasn’t good.

There he was. There was Cooter. He was drenched in water from head to paw, and speaking of paw he was dragging is rear one. I just lost it. Matthew retained his composure as I lost mine grabbed some towels and dried him off. Yep it is broke. Broke bad.

I knew as a mommy I was going to have a long night. Sure enough it was longer than I had originally anticipated. I slept with Cooter on the bathroom floor. I had my blankie he had his. By the morning he had my blankie and pillow and I had his. His blankie consisting of only a towel, but I made due. He moaned and groaned and I did to. This morning after Matthew had gone to work Cooter and I finally got a good piece of shut eye with Luke outside and the bed all to ourselves.

So this morning I wrapped up my ‘lil Cooter and took him to our most trustworthy vet, Dr. Clay. He knew immediately that it was broke and gave him a sedative so he could go to work on my baby. He is supposed to let me know by the end of the day how he is doing. I know he is in good hands. Dr. Clay is so great with my kids and I know that He is taking care of him as well. I honestly think that I am hurting more than my “lil Cooter, but I will be missing him and praying for him. I will update as soon as I get updated. Until then, my house will be a little empty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment