Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hot Fire...yeah, yeah, yeah

With all the craziness of Cooter behind us (I hope), I finally get to blog about something else. Not that I don't love my Cooter and want to share his sweetness with everyone, but I know you must want more excitement than that.
Fire is not an uncommon thing at the Hughes house. I grew up with a family full of pyro's, so it was only appropriate that I would marry one right? I knew I was in for some interesting days when someone asked him if he had notified the fire department that he had moved. We have had many bon fire's at our house and our previous method of lighting the fire involved no less than 5 gallons of gas. For Matthew's birthday, Andrew decided that buying him a flame thrower was a good idea. All I can say is that I will always be certain our home owner's policy is up to date.



Last weekend we had two fires at our house. One that was intentional, and one that was well...not so intentional. Andrew brought some friends home from school and asked if we would have a bonfire at the house so they would have something to do. It was a great time. Even with Cooter home and recovering it was still nice to relax and just was the fire. We got to share our home with friends and family. It was wonderful.

No fire is ever small at our house. We don't do those whimpy little fires that you can't sit more than five feet from. It must be big. Matthew spent all day scrounging up some wood, which was good because I spent the day cleaning the house. (which was pointless by Sunday morning)
Matthew loves having fires! Scarey huh?

Now back to that second fire that I was speaking of. Our washer has been trying to kick the bucket for months now. We had nursed it along for quite some time, but hey I can't complain it was given to us for a whopping $30 from Matthews mom. Saturday as I was cleaning and I was on my next to last load it started to make this terrible electrical burning smell. And then on came the smoke. Yep it was done. We unplugged it and said good ridance. Until, my brother came along plugged it back it back in and did a load of laundry. While his load of laundry was going he went to take a shower. In the mean time, Matthew and I came home to a house full of smoke. You could see the smoke from the outside. So, on the 40degree night we opened all the windows and turned on all the fans and put the following sign up.



Just another day in the Hughes House!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment