Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Isabella Faye - 1 Week

Oh my goodness. Did I just really write that title. One week old. Isabella has been with us for one week. I have been a mommy for one week. Matthew has been a daddy for one week. That is crazy to think. It is still sinking in that I am a mommy. But it really has been the best week of my life. I wouldn't have changed anything if I had too. We have had a great week of first's:

 
Our First Labor
 Our First Birth

Our Fist Exeperience In the NICU

Daddy's First Touch
Mommy's First Touch
Mommy's First Snuggle
Daddy's First Snuggle
Isabella's First Bottle

First Outfit

First Time Meeting Great Grandmom

First Time With Nanna Nancy

First Cuddle From Uncle Andrew
First Time Out of the Hospital

First Few Moments At Home

First Time Meeting Great Granddad

First Cuddles from Pappa Bobby

First Trip To Church

First Visit to Nanna and Pappa Hughes

First Visit from Grammy

And my favorite moment from the week...



The Most Lovely First Smiles
(sorry I don't know why I can't get it to upload in the right direction)

This week has gone by so fast. I have really loved every minute of it. I just wish it would slow down. Tomorrow Matthew goes back to work. It is really sad and scarey all at the same time. Matthew and Isabella have such a great bond. Her eyes just light up when he talks and she looks around to find him. It is so special in this mommy's eyes to see how great of a father Matthew is. It also helps that he helps out so much. My mom is here to help, but it just isn't the same as the teamwork Matthew and I have together.

Isabella I don't want to foget:
  • How full and soft your hair is. I love just rubbing it on my cheek.
  • How much you look like daddy. You look even more like daddy with your crooked little smile. (ahh it just makes me melt)
  • Your little hands and how you like to touch EVERYTHING. Your hair, your clothes, your face, our faces, my hair. 
  • The screams you make when you have your diaper changed. I know it should make me feel bad, but your whimper is just too darn cute. 
  • Your sweet smell. I have never smelled anything more sweet. I just want to eat you up.
  • That the 0-3 month clothes that I thought were just a waste of money because you would probably wear once, swallow you whole. I know you will grow into them, but I don't want you to. Just stay small, please. 
  • Your love/hate relationship with being swaddled. You absolutely love being swaddled, but you REALLY hate sitting still to have it done.
  • How much I love you and how great of a gift you are from God. God loves me. I have always known that God loves me, but Isabella is just the ultimate gift and confirmation of his love.
Your favorite things:
  • Your pink seat. It snuggles you in all the right places.
  • Getting all lotioned up after your bath. It is the only time you lay still while you are nakey.
  • Daddy's voice. Your face just lights up when he is in the room.

Isabella your mommy and daddy love you very much and we always will.

  



0 comments:

Post a Comment