Sunday, December 13, 2009

He Lights Up My Life

No, literally he lit up my life.

Last Sunday I went shopping with Matthew's mother. I had a great time. I figured it would be a good test to how I would handle going back to work the next day. Plus, I really needed to get out of the house! And oh how I get excited about going to Target!
Well while I was gone Matthew was SUPER busy! We have always talked about decorating our house at Christmas, but we have just been too lazy to do so. This Sunday Matthew saw the opprotunity and took it. He had gone to Home Depot and found some really great lights. Matthew on our roof, I know this sounds so safe, right? But somewhere in the midst, Bobby came over to help supervise his great adventure. Thankfully.
Later that evening we all met up for dinner at Olympic. Bobby and Matthew came to meet Nancy and I and it was wonderful. After eating we were all going to come back to our house and mingle, just like we always do on Sunday's, and I had no clue what was in store for me when I got home. As we pulled around the corner to our house I saw it. And the smile on my face was brighter than the lights on the house (if that is possible). It was gorgeous! The roof was outlined in multicolored lights and the walk way was lined with snowflakes that twinkled and cute little snowmen, my favorite! It was just how I had ever imagined it. It was wonderful and oh so very sweet. Matthew just knew how happy it made me. I am so proud of the lights. Here are some pictures of our very very special Christmas lights.





0 comments:

Post a Comment