Sunday, September 25, 2011

1 Samuel 1:27-28
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there.
 
Matthew and I had serious talks about if we were going to have Isabella baptized or not. I grew up with the understanding that children are baptized as babies and devoted to the Lord by their parents. Matthew grew up with the understanding that children are dedicated to Christ and at a later date the child will decide to dedicate themselves to the Lord with a baptism. After many discussions with our Preacher (who also married us), each other, and hours of prayer we decided that we wanted Isabella to live her childhood led by the Lord. If when she is older and chooses otherwise that is for her to decide. We feel this is what was best for our family and I am not trying to say it is right or wrong for any other family.
 
On September 25, 2011 Isabella Faye was baptized at the same church Matthew and I were married in. It was very special to us. You were dressed in a very simple white dress that Grammy bough you, with white socks, and an embroidered bib. We were surrounded by our family and friends. You did well in church (something that has not been easy for you since you were in my belly) and even slept after you were baptized. Thankfully Uncle Bryan took pictures because I was a little flustered (but atleast we made it to church on time).
 
Pictures From Our Special Day
 
























Isabella we have dedicated you to Christ. We will do our best to guide you and lead you through life holding the Lord in our hearts. We are proud of you and love you very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment