Sunday, May 15, 2011

5 Weeks - Wow they are just adding up!

We have had a very interesting week. We have done A LOT of relaxing but we have also had a few exciting moments. Of course you are getting bigger and better each and everyday. Duh, you are my daughter and you are totally awesome! It is the same post just a week newer. You are getting BIG and more and more awake. We didn't weigh you or anything but it is obvious (even to me, that sees you everyday) that you are getting big. I don't like it but with growth comes new experiences.

One of our exciting times this week was that it was Mother's Day. It was weird for me to think that I am a mommy this year and that this "holiday" is celebrating ME! Everyday I feel as if I am still babysitting you and that you aren't really mine and that your parents are going to pick you up at any minute. I am sure by the time you are 18 or so it will finally sink in that you ARE my daughter and that you are mine all mine. You were very sweet and thoughtful with your Mother's Day. You (and your sweet daddy) got me a couple candles, and three gift cards for mani/pedi's (one for me, one for Nana, and one for Grammy), and Snow White so we can watch it together.

Another great treat to your fifth week of life is that you were able to meet your Great Grandmother Newbill. Uncle Andrew was so sweet and brought her down for Mother's Day. The problem was that you developed a very strong cling to me in the past week that you really didn't want to go to anyone else but me. It was rough, but we managed through during your naps.

Here are a few of my favorite moments from your fifth week of life:


You two are my life and my world...
We both got our hair done...
We went to the National Day of Prayer on the square in Covington...
You really enjoyed your bunny from Candy and Doug...
This is us doing what we do best...
You are mommy's best friend...
Happy Mother's Day to me...
You even got dressed up for me for Mother's Day...

We saw Uncle Andrew...
And Great Grandmother Newbill...

All the excitement wore you out!...

You and mommy eating dinner after meeting the babysitter...

0 comments:

Post a Comment