Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An Anniversary I Would Only Remember

Yep I have an anniversary today. It isn't an anniversary most people remember, but I am told that I am not like most people anyways. Three years ago today I packed up and moved on. I moved away from my comfortable lifestyle into the unknown. I was happily employed, a new home owner, and a recent college grad. I had a great circle of friends, knew many people in the area, and wasn't but a hop-skip-and jump away from home (well my mom's home). But I gave all of these wonderful things up. I packed up and moved far away. I rested faith not only in Him but also in him:

Little did he know that so much pressure was on him for everything to be perfect. I had never done anything so impulsive. I was leaving something that was so comfortable for me at the time for something that was so unknown. We had no commitments to each other. I didn't have a job. I had some family in the area, but really I was just stepping out into the biggest risk I had ever taken in my life. But I felt at the time that it was a bigger risk to our relationship for me to stay where I was (6.5 hours away). Three years ago TODAY I put all my things in the back of a 17ft moving truck and moved to Tennessee.

Little did I know where we would be today. Today we have been together for about three and a half years. We have been happily married for two and a half of those years. Our first real child will join us in a few weeks. Who knew that such a big risk would turn out to be the biggest joy of my life!

I know today that I made the right choice. I have known this since the day I said "I do." Matthew is my best friend. He is my strength when I am weak. He is my laughter when I am sad, and well anytime. Many times I take him for granted and for that I should be ashamed because without him I would never be the same person. Each prayer I pray always asks the Lord to bring us closer than the day before. Our relationship is beautiful. Who other than the Lord above could have created such a beautiful thing such as us.



Matthew,
Thank you for being such an amazing husband. You are my super hero! I love that you are my best friend. I love that I can run to you with all my news. Good, bad, happy, sad - you are there! I am excited to start this next chapter of our lives. I couldn't imagine turning this page with anyone else. Happy three year anniversary of one of the first hurdles of the rest of our lives together. I love you.

People said it would never work out


Living our dreams has shattered all doubts

It feels good to prove 'em wrong

Living our love song

0 comments:

Post a Comment